Thursday, December 18, 2008

bowel movement discussions

The echo cardigram (sp?) Of my heart showed bacteria on one of the valves, so they admitted me. The hospital staff were great and gave me pain medication whenever they shoved antibiotics into my arm. That stuff burns, I do not have a low pain threshold. I have never had so many people ask me when my last bowel movement was. All of this bowel talk almost makes the stay in the hospital worth it.

Since the infection is in my heart, I will have to wear an iv pump 24/7 for the next 6x weeks. Supposedly it makes a relaxing wirring sound that susan will love and requires a nurse to clean it up. I will have to come up with a name for the iv pump after I meet it. Hopefully I won't get too attached to it during our 6x weeks together... I hate good byes.

Cici got on a flight yesterday at 6:00 am eastern time and was here in time to see me and help susan put the kids to bed.

I have had a visit from our neighbor, Pete. He brought comix and "the week" news rag.all of our neighbors are super helpfull.

Today Dave Peterson is coming by with his portable chess set to kick my butt.

2 comments:

Jack Thunder Lishy Samuel Ryan and his Mamma said...

I am so sorry that this is happening to you, my brutha!! I was so worried- but the latest report from mamma seems good. I am glad that you are enjoying the potty talk, how typical of you!

I am sure the whirring noise of the iv pump will be much better than bodily noises Susan has heard from you before!

Get better & I love you!!!!!
Suz

Anonymous said...

How about Ivan the IV pump?